Dynamic Mechanical Analysis (DMA) measures the viscoelastic properties of a sample as a function of temperature, time, frequency, deformation, and force.
Temperature range starts from -150 to 600°C.
- glass transition and beta/gamma relaxations
- sample stiffness (E’), damping properties (E”) and Tan Delta as a function of temperature and time
- viscoelastic response (creep, stress relaxation, shrinkage force)
- comparison of crystallinity levels for semi-crystalline polymers
- assessment of degree of crosslinking
- analysis of coatings
- measurement of gel times/temperatures in cure systems
- prediction of impact resistance